What is Colleen’s Street Team?
Colleen’s Street Team is a group of readers who love my books and want to help get the word out and share them with others.
What kinds of things will Colleen’s Street Team members do?
Probably many of the same things you’re doing already as fans of the books:
- Reviewing the books on blogs/Amazon/GoodReads
- Sharing about my books on social media
- Recommending my books to other readers
- Helping to brainstorm ways to get the word out about my books
So….why a street team?
A street team can band together to work on common goals. Maybe one week you’ll come up with the idea to have everyone recommend the books to three new people, or you’ll decide to tweet lines from one of the books. Really, it’s just a fun, organized way to hang out with me and other readers and help spread the word about my books.
How is the street team going to work?
I will set up a private Facebook group for street team members. There, we’ll share ideas for spreading the word, as well as just chit-chat about the books if you want. There will likely be weekly “action items” for team members to participate in. In addition, street team members will get advanced copies of all of my books so you can review them on release day, and occasional sneak peeks at what I’m currently working on as well as other behind-the-scenes stuff. We’ll also have occasional drawings for things like signed paper copies of the books and other fun items. In addition, street team members will be listed in the acknowledgments section of upcoming books.
What about SWAG? Free stuff?
Here’s the thing: I’m not a very swaggy person. As much as I see the appeal of things like freebie bookmarks and stuff like that, I’m also one of those green/simple living types who believes that my time and energy are better spent writing books and interacting with readers. I know other authors swear by swag, and that’s awesome if it works for them and makes them happy, but it’ s just not me.
How big is the street team going to be?
I don’t know how other authors do this, but I know what I feel most comfortable with. I want my street team to be a group of people who feel that they’re part of something special. I prefer a small group of people who are really into it than a large group who isn’t. I like the idea of being able to interact with my street team members on a real level. I want to know the people who are helping spread the word about my books. For these reasons, I am going to cap the number of street team members at twenty.
Colleen’s Street Team Code of Conduct:
- The first rule of street team is…. there is no street team. (Sorry. Had to do it.)
- Be respectful and professional when interacting with others. Remember that you are representing my work to others, and negative interactions on my behalf are not going to help convince people to read the books.
- Please, for the love of Hades, don’t spam anyone on my behalf.
- Don’t share any of the private information, sneak peeks, or other things discussed in the street team group.
- Have fun!
If this seems like something you’d be interested in being part of, please fill out this form by Sunday, 5/25. I’ll announce the street team members on Monday, 5/26 and we’ll go from there. Thanks for your interest!