A dangerous pasttime, I know. (Name that movie!)
My goal is always to release the best books possible, and I believe that getting feedback during the editing process is vital to that. I am very lucky in that I have a few family members who are able to look at my work objectively and point things out. And that’s awesome.
But I want more.
Here’s what I’m thinking. I’d like to find ten beta readers to read Strife: Hidden, Book Four before it comes out.
What do I want from my beta readers?
- I want you to be brutal.
- I want you to tell me which parts bored you. Where were you reading and said “oh, hey, time to get up and switch the laundry/check Facebook/paint my toenails”?
- Also, I want you to tell me which parts had you leaning forward in your seat, unable to stop reading.
- I want to know what confused you. What could have been explained better? Did you have questions that never got answered?
- Did any of the actions taken in the book seem out of character?
- I want you to point out grammatical errors, wonky punctuation, spelling screw-ups (though these shouldn’t be much of an issue, since it will have been revised and proofread before you get it. Things always slip through, though, and I will love you forever if you help me catch them!)
- Tell me anything you think of that could make the book better!
How will it work?
I’ll go through the applications I get via the form below and pick ten beta readers (and please don’t get upset if you don’t get picked for this!) Then I’ll set up a closed group on Facebook with those ten people and myself so you can easily give me feedback on what you’re reading. You can also email me your comments, but I know many of my readers are on FB and this might be an easier way to do it. I’d like feedback to start within a week of you receiving the book. Then I’ll go through everything and figure out what needs to happen from my end to make the book as good as it can be. I obviously will only incorporate changes that make sense to me, so if you’re considering suggesting, say, a Molly/Nain/Brennan threesome… it’s not gonna happen. (Though feel free to fanfic that if you want.) 🙂
Obviously, anyone who helps out as a beta reader is promising to also keep their mouths/keyboards shut about what happens in book four to avoid spoiling it for others. As well as promising not to share the file I send them with anyone else.
And what do you get in return?
- First off, you get to read the book several weeks before everyone else!
- Also, your name will be listed in the acknowledgments section, and you will receive a free copy of the finished ebook.
- And, you’ll receive a signed paper version of Strife when I have them available.
If You Want to Be Part of Molly’s Army:
Please fill out this form by Wednesday, April 2nd. I’ll go through them next weekend and let everyone know who’s in Molly’s Army by Friday, 4/4.
Quick Note About Forever Night
Before I forget: I’ve been crazy with finishing up book four this week, so I am not totally done with this week’s installment of Forever Night. If it’s not in your email by late today, it will show up at some point this weekend. Thanks for your patience!
Thank you, as always, for being awesome. Have a great weekend! <3